Here are some of the common causes of wrongful death:
- Motor vehicle wrecks
- Defective products
- Nursing home neglect or abuse
- Physical abuse
- Emotional or psychological abuse
- Sexual abuse
- Premises liability incidents, including slip-and-fall accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Failure to administer anesthesia properly
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis
- Failure to treat properly
- Errors in medication
- Birth injury
- Surgical mistakes
Damages You Could Recover
Every case is different, and your potential settlement or court-award will depend on the specific losses your loved one’s passing brings about.
You may be able to recover compensation for the following losses:
- Your loved one’s medical costs, including surgery, treatment, an ambulance ride, hospital stay, physical therapy, prescriptions, etc.
- Your loved one’s physical pain and suffering
- Your mental anguish
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of your loved one’s income
- Your lost wages if you had to take time off to care for your loved one
- The income your loved one would have provided
Work with Berry & Otterson
We understand that losing a family member in a fatal accident is devastating. The absence of your loved one can also cause financial strain for your family. We are dedicated to helping surviving family members secure the compensation they deserve.
Contact one of our offices and schedule a free consultation.