Personal injury comes in many forms. From car accidents to an injury from a defective product, these injuries occur hundreds of times every day. Many times, these injuries are a direct result of negligence and you deserve to be taken care of during your time of recovery. That means working with an attorney that can make sure you are properly compensated.
Personal injury claims can include traffic accidents such as:
- Car accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
Personal injury claims can also be due to:
- Slip-and-fall or premises liability accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Failure to administer anesthesia properly
- Failure to diagnose or misdiagnosis
- Failure to treat properly
- Errors in medication
- Birth injury
- Surgical mistakes
- Wrongful death
- Nursing home negligence or abuse
- Defective consumer products
- Defective medications or medical devices
- Wrongful death due to negligent or intentional harmful act of another
Common Injuries in Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases take many forms, and the injuries may vary significantly between victims. Accidents such as car crashes, heavy machinery malfunctions, medical malpractice, and more can all be considered personal injury cases. They all may carry a wholly unique set of injuries. However, even the simplest of accidents, such as a slip and fall accident on a wet floor, can cause just as much damage as an auto accident under the right circumstances.
Common injuries seen in personal injury cases include:
- Broken bones
- Bruising and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries, which may result in paralysis or a loss of motor function
- Lost limbs
- Certain diseases, such as lung cancer from long-term exposure to toxic substances like asbestos or other chemical hazards
- Mental illness from head injuries or overall trauma
Work with Berry & Otterson
Over the years, we have worked with clients with virtually every injury imaginable, so we know what you are going through and how to deal with pushback from insurance companies.
Insurance companies will often claim that the injuries and damages you suffered aren’t worth that much. They may also tell you that hiring a lawyer isn’t worth it and that you should settle with them as soon as possible under their terms. While insurance companies may seem like they have your best interests at heart, the truth is that they don’t.
While there’s no accurate way to tell you how much your settlement is worth without first reviewing the details of your case, most insurance companies will severely undervalue how much your damages should actually be. So never settle for less and always fight to receive a fair settlement that covers your damages properly.
Contact one of our offices and schedule a free consultation.